Manila Office Life

18 February 2008

Updates! Updates! Updates!

I'd almost forgotten I had a blog since my last post was 02Oct07. Of course, a slew of events has occurred since then. I'll see if I can go through them fairly quickly.
  • New Job: Well, all good things must come to an end. While I remain in the same company, I've been given new responsibilities which include a more strategic view of the business as a whole. Overall, I'm quite happy given the new direction of my career.
  • New (Old) Game: I've gotten my chops back into Neverwinter Nights although this time doing the multiplayer on an action server. Tons of fun! I've gotten my dwarven defender up to level 53 (as of this writing) and it's really a great server with funny and interesting personalities and challenging zones. If you're looking for a FREE MMORPG to play, check it out here.
  • New House: Finally moved to the new house. We'd purchased the house in late Sep07 and renovation's been ongoing for the past few months. We officially moved in last 08Feb08. Woo hoo!
  • New TV Shows: Been following (mostly) the same old TV episodes although the recent WGA strike has made watching them somewhat problematic. Nevertheless, we march on as all dedicated soldiers do. New shows on the radar right now are Bionic Woman, Gossip Girl, Dirty Sexy Money, and The Sarah Connor Chronicles.
  • New Movies: Admittedly, I've been VERY delinquent on the movies front although I have managed to squeeze in the following shows. No lengthy reviews though and they're not in the order I watched them. Plus, I'm fairly sure I've forgotten a few I watched as well.
    • I Am Legend
    • Sweeney Todd, The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
    • The Golden Compass
    • Live Free or Die Hard (Die Hard 4)
    • The Spiderwick Chronicles
    • Ratatouille
    • The Bourne Ultimatum
  • New Anime: I've started (and finished) 2 full anime series and am currently catching up on a third. The ones I've already finished are Claymore and Fate/Stay Night. The one I'm still watching is Fullmetal Alchemist. I would highly recommend all of them as they're all really really good!
  • New Restaurants/Bars: Been a little less adventurous of late so not a lot of new places visited in terms of eating and drinking. The following is a short list of the memorable ones.
    • Mickey's Deli along Jupiter Street, Makati City - Lovely wood fire grilled sausages and great German beer to go with it!
    • Arya at G/F Promenade in Greenhills - Fantastic beef kebabs and koobideh with rice. Absolutely mouthwatering!
    • CAV Wine Bar in Bonifacio High Street, Taguig - Food's a little expensive and wine is pricey although the experience of using their wine dispensers is worth a visit.
    • Nihonbashitei along Pasay Road, Makati City - Spectacular Japanese food at affordable prices! Try the steak meal for PHP660 which comes with Japanese fried rice, veggies, and all-you-can-drink San Miguel draft beer from 6-11pm.
    • Freska at 2/F Promenade in Greenhills - Come for their innovative Beer Balloon which is a balloon-shaped beer dispensing device good for 10 bottles of San Miguel beer. Designed to keep beer cold and foam free. Try it today!
Well, that's about it for now. I've been thinking of modifying my posting habits so that I can post more so we'll see how that goes. Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home