Manila Office Life

17 January 2006

Thoughts Like Bees... Buzzing... Buzzing...

It's been a very Steve Jobs couple of days for me lately.

That sentence may be a little cryptic. Let me explain a little. My sister came home from work in the USA last Christmas and she brought the latest 5G iPod with Video for me. I was, of course, ecstatic and proceeded to quickly set it up and use it extensively. Needless to say, I loved that little gadget. Still do.

Two weeks ago, I uploaded the movie "Pirates of Silicon Valley" into my iPod. I watched it by hooking the gadget up to my TV using a set of A/V cables I had purchased recently from the Apple Store. The cables worked like a dream and the movie was an eye-opener for me. The movie is basically the story of Apple and Microsoft, and the people behind those 2 companies: Steve Jobs and Bill Gates. I'd recommend the movie to any computer geek anywhere.

Today, I remembered a forwarded email I'd read a few months ago regarding a commencement speech by Steve Jobs, CEO of Apple. I Googled it and found it here.

The speech talks about 3 very enlightening things: connecting the dots, love and loss, and death. I leave it up to you to read his speech but I believe there is something there for everyone. It has made me re-think my priorities, both for work and life. Strange how I typed in 'work' before I typed in 'life'. Eerie.

Till next time, gentle readers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home