Manila Office Life

20 July 2005

The Hump

We always refer to wednesdays as The Hump.

Once you get past a wednesday, it's pretty much an accelerated run to friday, which is probably one of our favorite days of the week, 2nd only to saturdays. We played badminton with our boss last night. It was our first time to see him play and, although he had hinted that he was a varsity badminton player a long time ago, his skill level still impressed us. This despite the fact that he hadn't played in years. Needless to say, he kicked our respective a$$e$ last night.

Just watched Fantastic Four (FF) and If Only. FF was actually an enjoyable movie. I know the critics are panning it but, hey, I'm a member of the viewing public and I had fun watching the movie. I don't really care if the plot was contrived, the cinematography was poor, or the acting was cardboard, I still had loads of fun watching the thing.

The other movie, If Only (Paul Nicholls, Jennifer Love Hewitt), was a sappy chick flick that I watched with some of the ladies from the office. I had managed my expectations on this one, thinking that it was your basic sappy romance movie. I was right. There was very little depth to it and, amazingly enough, I ended up enjoying it more than my seatmates. Managed expectations can be a very powerful thing, after all.

It's been a week that my home PC is nonfunctional. I've been pestering my supplier to get it fixed but he's been way busy with other projects. I'll see if I can find the time to fix it myself. I think I can but I'm just too busy (read: lazy) to do it.

Anyway, we've got couples tonight after a dinner at The Old Spaghetti House. I've never eaten there and hopefully it'll be good. I'll let ya know in a future post.

Back to the grind, people. Ciao!

1 Comments:

  • Ye Olde Spaghetti House = not so good.

    At least, it wasn't so good a few years back, when I last ate there.

    Hopefully, you'll have a better experience with them.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home