Manila Office Life

28 June 2005

Back at Work

Just got back from HK.

Weather was hot, humid, and rainy. I hate weather like that. Makes walking around difficult at best and, once I get back into the hotel room, I feel the urgent need to shower (again). The birthday was good at any rate. My grandmother, who suffered a stroke last year, actually graced us with a reaction this time around: she smiled (kinda). It was the greatest thing we ever saw and my dad was ecstatic. He was talking about it for all of 3 days. For dad, that's something.

Didn't get much shopping done since it was so hard to get around. Instead of feeling revitalized, I just felt tired and sleepy. When I got back to Manila around noon yesterday, I still went to work to take care of some stuff before finally surrendering to my inner couch potato and staying indoors the rest of the day. Good thing, too, since it rained torrentially the whole night last night.

I've been neglecting my home PC maintenance chores which I'll probably get to tonight, after watching Batman Begins. I hear it's a great movie and, fanboy that I am, I feel the distinct physical need to see this on the big screen.

Till next time, dear readers.

Oh, and here's a picture from a weekend we had in a resort called Punta Fuego. This happened last 18-19June. Great fun, really. I hope we do it again.


We left Manila early saturday morning and headed south to the mountain resort town of Tagaytay. After a great lunch there, we continued on to the beach town of Batangas where the resort was located.

We settled in and went swimming in the resort's amazing heated infinity pool that afternoon all the way into the evening. A mongolian buffet dinner capped off the evening's eating and led to us watching Starsky & Hutch in the resort's mini-theater before heading back to our room. The room, called a casita, had a balcony with a magnificent view (photo enclosed) which we maximised by having wine and beer right there. We turned in at 4am. On our way back to Manila, we stopped by a restaurant called Breakfast at Antonio's for lunch. All in all, a very satisfying weekend away from the big city.

Cheers!

1 Comments:

  • good for you! i bet punta fuego's as relaxing as it looks. :)

    btw, thanks for dropping by my blog. :)

    By Blogger tabbygirl, at 11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home